Monday, June 20, 2011

Kids and life!

Why is it that as a parent we are expected to set rules, guidelines, examples and everything else for our kids? BECAUSE WE ARE THE PARENTS..lol! Sometimes I feel just overwhelmed with just thinking about, should I do this or that, is this the right choice or am I totally gonna screw my kids up...I'm more than positive I'm not the only one that feels like this.
I just don't want to care sometimes kids will be kids! So why is that now they need all these dang rules?
Growing up I remember my greatest concern was making sure I didn't forget the combo to my bike chain. Now its sports, test scores, diets, what to watch on TV, what they can read, is it safe for them to walk to the park, is the park safe.....and the list goes on and on. It feels like we are all suffocating in our own daily lives. Shoot if that's how I feel as a Mom, I cant imagine what the kids feel like. Sometimes I just want to be a kid again and not have a care in the world, but that was then cuz now they have just as much stress in their lives as their parents if not more with all the peer pressure crap they are around in school.
Now that summer is here and the kids are home and being this is my first year ever being a stay at home mom after working for the last forever yrs, its been an interesting 2wks so far. The fact that they are old enough to ride bikes outside alone and I still dont let them half the time is really sad. There are so many screwed up pple out there now adays that even in a small town like mine its hard to let them play outside without constantly watching them and the minute I don't hear anyone I run out to see where the heck they are. Again when I was younger we would ride our bikes all over town and the only thing that would scare us was the huge dog down the street and the thought of him chasing us. I wish our kids would've had those opportunities to actually be kids and enjoy life like we did. It saddens me to think that they don't have those chances to go out and learn about life and have fun doing it, those are some of the things that they should be doing and not playing xBox, OS3 or DSi's. So I say as of today its up to us the MOMs and DADs to try to get back some of our best childhood memories and share with your children you'll be amazed at there reactions and why not go out and create memories that they will then someday share with their children.
Love,
Erica

No comments: