Have you ever had one of those days where you really just think out loud and ask God "Really are you serious?!" Well I do and they happen more often then I would like. The last couple month have been a roller coaster...but we always manage to "make it"off with out throwing up (LOL) but There are days where I just don't think I can take anything else thrown my way.
As a stay at home (now) of 4 kids there are days I want to scream and lock myself in my closet...literally. Noone knows how hard it is to do this job until you are doing it or atleast trying to do it.
Today was one of those days. You know the saying "When it rains it pours"? Well today it literally DID!
But I think today kinda started Sunday...I am taking online courses for get my Associate in Applied Sciences in Criminal Justice (love the sound of that) but I have been so busy with everything else around me that I got really and I mean really behind in one of my classes and to say the least I didn't even get close to the passing grade needed. So that was Sunday and now Monday morning..oh Monday! I started with MOM!!! of course like every other sweet day of the week. 2 of my 4 where still asleep which was OK...so I got up made me coffee and started reading my assignments for the week, made breakfast, realized I only had 2 eggs...so we opted for pancakes and fruit with juice and some spam (yes I know spam has a lot of sodium). I was supposed to take the dog for a walk but it was really windy so once again it didn't happen. Eric had a million questions about EVERYTHING and it was just hectic making it impossible to concentrate on anything....so I assigned all the kids a book and a report! Everyone did it except Eric of course since he cant really read a whole lot, but then it started sprinkling...
The next thing I heard was "MOM RUN!" I hear this alot so sometimes I just ask "now what happened?" Then I hear Pablo (my oldest scream MOOOM!) and then Eric's eyes are huge and all I see is BLOOD! I was like NOOOO not now...(as awful as this sounds all I could think of is I don't have time for this!) But I finally got them to talk and "someone" broke something tried to hide it and well Pablo stepped on it when he went to write his report on his book at his desk...so then the guilt kinda set in, because I sent him to his desk to write this report. What happened what he stepped on broken glass slicing the bottom little fat part of the pinkie toe, if it would've been a tiny bit more he would've totally sliced that part off..so it was pretty deep and painful, so we took a trip to the Dr where he ended up getting his first stitches...It was awful to see him in that much pain. And I think the nurses kinda thought I wasn't as sympathetic as I should've been, but that's how I am and that's how I keep them calm, If I start crying or freaking out then they will freak out even more! SO if i stay calm and tell them its going to OK and its okay to cry but they really need to calm down, I don't think that's being mean...but that's just me. So as we are walking out its raining and when we go to get into the van THUNDER! By the time we get home its pouring rain and then I get a phone call Ive been expecting but not with the news I wanted! So now my future kinda depends on the next couple days and what I can figure out. This bites! People whom you think will be there for you don't follow thru and make it really hard to move on from certain situations. Can you say irritating???! But even though it was a bad day for me, I know how blessed I am to have the family and friends who surround me and have shown so much support. They are amazing and I love them. As crazy as my kids can drive me, I know they love having their Mom home, even tho I know they would also Love for me to have a job and be able to go on trips, especially Silverwood :(
On another note my girls both lost a tooth today. Mikayla first and then Izabela BUT Izabela got super excited and took off running that we lost the tooth somewhere in my room or she swallowed it because we cant find it. I also as of Thursday became a Distributor for It Works. So don't forget to check out my Facebook pages.
As a stay at home (now) of 4 kids there are days I want to scream and lock myself in my closet...literally. Noone knows how hard it is to do this job until you are doing it or atleast trying to do it.
Today was one of those days. You know the saying "When it rains it pours"? Well today it literally DID!
But I think today kinda started Sunday...I am taking online courses for get my Associate in Applied Sciences in Criminal Justice (love the sound of that) but I have been so busy with everything else around me that I got really and I mean really behind in one of my classes and to say the least I didn't even get close to the passing grade needed. So that was Sunday and now Monday morning..oh Monday! I started with MOM!!! of course like every other sweet day of the week. 2 of my 4 where still asleep which was OK...so I got up made me coffee and started reading my assignments for the week, made breakfast, realized I only had 2 eggs...so we opted for pancakes and fruit with juice and some spam (yes I know spam has a lot of sodium). I was supposed to take the dog for a walk but it was really windy so once again it didn't happen. Eric had a million questions about EVERYTHING and it was just hectic making it impossible to concentrate on anything....so I assigned all the kids a book and a report! Everyone did it except Eric of course since he cant really read a whole lot, but then it started sprinkling...
The next thing I heard was "MOM RUN!" I hear this alot so sometimes I just ask "now what happened?" Then I hear Pablo (my oldest scream MOOOM!) and then Eric's eyes are huge and all I see is BLOOD! I was like NOOOO not now...(as awful as this sounds all I could think of is I don't have time for this!) But I finally got them to talk and "someone" broke something tried to hide it and well Pablo stepped on it when he went to write his report on his book at his desk...so then the guilt kinda set in, because I sent him to his desk to write this report. What happened what he stepped on broken glass slicing the bottom little fat part of the pinkie toe, if it would've been a tiny bit more he would've totally sliced that part off..so it was pretty deep and painful, so we took a trip to the Dr where he ended up getting his first stitches...It was awful to see him in that much pain. And I think the nurses kinda thought I wasn't as sympathetic as I should've been, but that's how I am and that's how I keep them calm, If I start crying or freaking out then they will freak out even more! SO if i stay calm and tell them its going to OK and its okay to cry but they really need to calm down, I don't think that's being mean...but that's just me. So as we are walking out its raining and when we go to get into the van THUNDER! By the time we get home its pouring rain and then I get a phone call Ive been expecting but not with the news I wanted! So now my future kinda depends on the next couple days and what I can figure out. This bites! People whom you think will be there for you don't follow thru and make it really hard to move on from certain situations. Can you say irritating???! But even though it was a bad day for me, I know how blessed I am to have the family and friends who surround me and have shown so much support. They are amazing and I love them. As crazy as my kids can drive me, I know they love having their Mom home, even tho I know they would also Love for me to have a job and be able to go on trips, especially Silverwood :(
On another note my girls both lost a tooth today. Mikayla first and then Izabela BUT Izabela got super excited and took off running that we lost the tooth somewhere in my room or she swallowed it because we cant find it. I also as of Thursday became a Distributor for It Works. So don't forget to check out my Facebook pages.
2 comments:
The phrase, "when it pours it rains," is used very often, but I also like to include with this phrase another one, "God won't give you, what you can't handle!" If it wouldn't be for this phrase, I would have given up many times, especially as a stay at home Mom. It's true when you say that nobody understands how difficult our jobs truly are until they walk a day in our shoes. I've had days, where all I can do is just break down and cry. And you know what? It makes me feel so much better. I'll take a "mommy time out" and it'll be exactly what I needed! So don't forget your only human, and sometimes you can't juggle everything all at once. You just need to take things one day at a time, take some time for yourself and remember that God will always see you through whatever situation you are in. Although our children drive us absolutely crazy sometimes, I wouldn't change being a stay at home mom for the world! Hope your days only get better from here on out!
That was supposed to be from me, Maggie! I didn't realize Abner was logged in...sorry! :)
Post a Comment